LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Before we were compartmentalized, now we we have a central point with more integration between different departments

What is most valuable?

Being able to have all our logs all in one place, so we can easily correlate across the environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely matured our security posture. Before we started using it heavily, all our products were compartmentalized within the department that used it. Now that we have a central point, we have been having more integration with different departments.

The challenges are being spread out and using some of the technology that we do use, which are not easily integrated into the SIEM. We have a lot of custom parsers and just trying to get our custom products and applications to integrate into the SIEM, that was our biggest challenge.

As far as building custom parsers, it's very configurable. I've had some experience building parsers with it so far, and the ones that we have built have been working fine. Support has been pretty awesome with helping get those working well.

What needs improvement?

Adding more integration for security products would be an improvement.

I have not had to scale it out too much yet. The environment was already set up when I came in. As far as the ability to scale out, I know it's there. I haven't had to put it to use though.

I have used their support a lot. It is really good support. I don't think I've opened a case yet that I haven't got a solution on, and it is usually pretty fast It's easy to reach the right person.

We had a previous solution, but I don't know who they were. I don't know why we switched. Compliance was our biggest driving factor to why we purchased LogRhythm.

I would not know. This was done before I came onboard.

What other advice do I have?

It is a really good product with good support.

If someone is reaching the solution, I would advise them to reach out to users and try to visit LogRhythm's online presence to see what they have. The LogRhythm community has been a pretty good resource.

Having a unified end-to-end platform is very important.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: support for the product.