LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

It gives us advanced knowledge of malware presence and persistent threats

How has it helped my organization?

It has benefited the IT team's security functionality.

Our key challenge is HIPAA compliance. Then obviously, protection against malware, and particularly ransomware, is one vital threat to our organization.

What is most valuable?

As a healthcare company, what we use it for is compliance, then to protect our data from exaltation.

What needs improvement?

• The greater AI
  • API support

Increased total costs of ownership (TCO): We have had to staff up our SOC. This has required analysts, which has required salary and staffing requirements.

In the next release, I would certainly like to see more HIPAA compliance. I would also like to see more integration with Palo Alto Networks, particularly their Traps, which is their endpoint solution.

In addition, I'd like to see more automation coming in. Whilst they have SmartResponse, it does not yet configure with OpenAPI support. That is something that I feel they need to look at in their next edition.

The scalability is very good. One of the reasons that we bought LogRhythm was because of its scalability. We intend to scale up as we increase our company size.

It is mostly good. We are not always able to reach the right person. We have had a couple of problems that were escalated all the way to Level 3, but they have always been solved.

We did not have a previous solution.

As a healthcare organization, we obviously have to have HIPAA compliance. This was the main driver for purchasing the solution.

I was involved in the setup. It was mostly straightforward.

Look at your staffing. Do you have highly technical people on your staff? If you do, then you obviously want to buy the product and look at your scalability options. If you don't have your staff, absolutely look into the co-pilot and factor that into your cost evaluation.

The SIEM tool list we considered from included Splunk and SolarWinds.

For LogRhythm against Splunk, it was their pricing model. For SolarWinds, LogRhythm's reputation and scalability.

What other advice do I have?

It is highly important for our solution to be a unified end-to-end platform.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Scalability
  • The ability to have support.

LogRhythm has their co-pilot, which is absolutely essential, and whilst we do not use co-pilot in our organization, knowing it is there is certainly absolutely valuable.