LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

The event correlation has helped us to mitigate the security threats in our environment

What is most valuable?

The important thing in LogRhythm is the correlation in the AIE rules. It correlates all the logs to give meaningful events.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to improve our procedures management by decentralizing log management. We collect all the logs from our security devices, Windows server devices, and all the network devices into one single platform, then we can see all the events that led to the securities.

Our key challenge is how we can convince our top management that we are in a very secure state/environment.

What needs improvement?

The Web Dashboard UI: Maybe it can improve more to indicate some of what Splunk is doing, because I also compare with other SIEM products. Maybe LogRhythm can have some sort of dashboard similar to what Splunk is giving to their customers.

The product is good, but maybe they can further improve what they are doing in the roadmap, such as cloud AI and some of the web dashboard enhancements.

Since 2015.

At first, it is quite straightforward, but in terms of the the meaningful events, the AIE rules, during the implementation stage, we had difficulties getting the correct AIE rules, but further on it is improving.

For overall performance, it is very good. In terms of the correlation to the alarms rules, the AIE rules, I think in those terms of the reporting, maybe it can be further improved upon. The customization of the reporting could give more information that we need.

We have been using quite a lot of technical support. Every time we have any issues, we will create a ticket to LogRhythm support. Example, when we have an error in our deployment monitor's usage, they will have us fine tuning or do some maintenance to improve the logs, the logs that we receive.

During the proposal, we are looking at three to four different vendors, such as LogRhythm, Splunk, and IBM QRadar, so in term of alarms and AI intelligence, we see that LogRhythm is giving more accurate and meaningful events compared to the others.

What other advice do I have?

My advice, when they first implement the solution, they should make sure that they know what data source or log sources that they want to give to LogRhythm to do the correlations, because they cannot just simply dump all the log sources to LogRhythm. It will impact performance, so they will need to carefully choose the log sources first. Then, after that, they can move away to the correlation, the engine rules, and so on.

It is important for us to have a unified internal platform.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

The most critical thing for us is in term of the correlations, because without the correct correlation, or alarms, then there will be no meaningful events. So what our priority is to give many people events that we can trigger our teams to do the mitigation and remediation action.