LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

We can constantly add logs into our system without any issues; find and fix problems fast

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

I believe the most valuable feature for us has been that we have all the logs together. We can query them, we can find all kinds of different situations that are going on in our network that we wouldn't have knowledge of without searching many different servers and logs.

How has it helped my organization?

Quicker ability to troubleshoot the problem, find the problem, get it fixed, and get the customers back up and using our system.

What needs improvement?

I'm sure there are always areas, in stability and scaling, that need improvement. I don't have anything right off that I can say I know needs improvement right at this point.

We installed in 2009, and the stability has improved over the years. I consider it to be quite a stable product now. It seems to work day after day, week after week.

With version 7, we feel the scaling improved a lot. We are a large health system and we are quite often adding new businesses, new healthcare offices, new hospitals to our system. We we are able to add those extra logs into our system without causing any issues.

Tech support has always been good from the very first. In most cases the first response is a good one. It does the job, and if not, then you get back to them and they stay with you until they get it fixed.

We thought the setup was very quick and easy, of course we didn't try to boil the ocean all at once. We've been, over the years, adding more and more phases to our system, completed it in phases.

What other advice do I have?

Really figure out what you want it to do for you, because it is very flexible and can be used for many different purposes. Determine what you want to use it for, and then get the assistance from LogRhythm to help implement it in that way. Then you can always expand it and take in other areas. But your primary goals need to be met right up front.

We are very happy with it.