LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Brings all my logs together to produce evidence in my compliance role for NERC

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

For me, one of the most valuable things about it is it helps me to produce evidence in my compliance role for NERC. It helps me to really bring all my logs together and easily translate that into evidence, to show I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.

What needs improvement?

In the canned reports, I would like to see, rather than a blank report come out, for it to say something like, "No logs found," or "No log sources available." I don’t like blank reports.

I’ve only been using it a couple of months. I started in about March, 2017.

I think it’s wonderful. I use a high-availability version that fails over for me if needed. I’ve got one in one datacenter and one in another. It seems to function properly.

I have not had any issues. Mine is a very small deployment.

The LogRhythm support system is phenomenal. I can’t give those guys enough praise. If I have a problem or a question even, they’re quick to answer or connect me with an engineer to resolve the problem. The support system is really the selling point of this product.

My deployment is very new so we are still implementing it. There’s a little bit of work left to be done to get it to full capacity. I would say that it’s been relatively painless.

What other advice do I have?

I gave it an eight out of 10 because of the ease of use, and the support really deserves high marks.

I would definitely tell colleagues to look into it. Again, the support that they provide, they’re there to hold your hand if you need it, or just give you guidance and let you go. They really do take care of their customers.