LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Great having the data available; support walked us through everything we had to do

Video Review:

How has it helped my organization?

We didn't have a main logging system, so it's really nice to have that now, and in place. We are collecting all our logs from all the servers, routers, and its really helpful, and it's a great product to have.

What is most valuable?

Right now I really like the dashboard, and being able to view it easily, and to just have all the data right there available for me.

What needs improvement?

I think the dashboard could definitely have more features. I've seen some of their roadmaps that they're going towards. I really like it.

One of the features that I actually put in a request for was, they have the ability to build this great case and have it all ready. But you can't export it, right now on my specific 7.2 product, you can't export it from there. So, I can't have a nice PDF to give to a CEO, or give to legal, or wherever it needs to go to further their investigation. That's definitely a product that their actually going to come out really soon with.

The stability is pretty good. We haven't really had any problems with it. I think in our deployments, we had about 25 monitoring agents. One of the agents did start acting kind of funky, so I just called up support. I said, "Hey, we can't get this agent to work properly." They helped us out right there that same day. We actually updated that specific agent, and its been working ever since.

We're a fairly new customer to the product so we haven't had to meet problems like that with it. But we do plan to scale it fairly soon, so we'll see.

It's been pretty good. After the deployment, I really haven't had to call them. They have a pretty nice knowledge base, and their user guide pretty much explains everything you really need to get done.

There are some issues that I had with Forcepoint, and getting it to work properly with LogRhythm, but that was more on the Forcepoint side of the problem than LogRhythm.

It was due to compliance that they decided to get a product.

I actually was hired within the last five months. I showed up, and they said, "Hey, you're going to get to deploy this." I said, "Sounds great."

Deployment was fairly easy. They gave us some prerequisites that they needed us to have ready for them, so we went ahead and got those all ready, went through change management, got everything approved.

They needed to have - if you want it to collect logs remotely - a service account created, you needed to have specific ports already open, to make sure that everything communicates properly.

We went ahead and had everything set up. We got the support call because we got the DMX appliance. The day came, we got it all set up, it was fairly simple. The support agent walked us through everything we needed to do. He showed us tips, and tricks, and best practices for specific situations. He did training at the same time as we were deploying. It was a fairly simple, easy process.

What other advice do I have?

It's one of the top 10 SIEM solutions. What I really like about LogRhythm is that they're always innovating, new ideas. They're consistently trying to improve. I think that's really great about them.