LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

I don't have to log in to six or seven different appliances and hunt for data

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

What I found most helpful out of it is the ability to see all of the same data, that I would get from my appliances, in one place. I don't have to log in to six or seven different appliances and hunt for that kind of information. I can just do some queries within LogRhythm and it tells me the same information.

What needs improvement?

One of the things I find that would be helpful is the GLPR information, to be able to understand what is actually being processed. I've got, say, 20 different rules, but I don't know which one is getting more of the data, which is getting none of the data, because there's not really a good interface for that.

The stability, it's pretty high, there were some early issues, we were overrunning it with data, and part of it was a sizing issue. Once we got through that it's been running a lot better and it's been more stable. We haven't had to worry about it falling over on itself.

At this point we're still using a single XM appliance. The scaling that we've had is really just upgrading from an older-series to a newer-series XM appliance.

There were a lot of support calls we went through, and they would tweak and change a few settings here and there. Then eventually, what we did was we upgraded to different hardware because there wasn't anything else we could remove. We had to continue to keep getting those same logs.