LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

At setup we turned on 14 AI rules and have found them to be really advantageous for us

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

I would say to us, the thing that matters most is the automation of the AI rules that are being sent to our emails to let us know what's happening within our network and within our environment.

When we set it up, we went through and probably turned on about 14 AI rules that we found to be really advantageous to us, and have tuned those over the past couple years. It's just worked out really well for us.

How has it helped my organization?

PCI compliance was our main driver for purchasing LogRhythm, but it turns out there was just a ton of other information that really came from having that appliance, other than just being PCI compliant and checking that box for us.

Like I said, it was just more insight into our own network, our own users, our own flow of traffic, helping to alleviate a lot of that burden from our system admins by automating some of those alerts. So, all in all, it's just been a great fit for us.

What needs improvement?

I'm really excited about the CloudAI stuff. One thing I've asked, and I don't know if it's in the works or not, is for a better way to test our AI rules, to make sure they're working correctly, instead of having to manually go in to each one and doing an invalid login to see if the rule fires. Some better way to test all those rules that we have turned on and enabled would help.

Out of 10, I would give it an eight. We upgraded our firewall and that broke our parsing rules and it took a while to get that all fixed, but other than that it's been great.

We haven't taken in a whole lot of logs since our initial setup, so we haven't scaled it, I'd say, to its potential yet.

We're on an upgrade path, we just got to 7.2.5 and we're on the beta program for 7.3 to get to CloudAI. Once we get that done, we plan on ingesting more logs, going to Office 365, pulling those down. So, we plan on really growing it.

Technical support has been great. I will be honest with you, I think that's one of the strengths of LogRhythm. Every time I've opened a ticket I've gotten a response back that day. They're great, they work through it. Even when we did our upgrade through Professional Services, she was great. She recorded the whole session so we could use that at our next upgrade.

I've just found them to be tremendous.

For me, not having been in the security world, at least on the SIEM appliance side, it was a lot to take in at first. We had an onsite engineer come in, help us put it in play. We had a week's worth of training. All in all, it went pretty smoothly.

There were gaps in our knowledge, I think, but that's where we opened up customer service requests and they came through and helped us out. But for me, personally, I would say it went well. It was just "a lot," it was new to us, it was new to our organization, so it was just a lot of information, but as far as it goes, it was pretty smooth.

What other advice do I have?

We're really happy with it.

More LogRhythm NextGen SIEM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about LogRhythm NextGen SIEM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.