LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

The most valuable features would be the automation, reporting, and the support. There are some compatibility issues with different browsers.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is compliance requirements.

It is performing at the moment, but we are still in the process of implementing it.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't fully integrated it or stood up the platform, so the benefits are realized yet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be the automation, reporting, and the support.

I do plan to use the full extent of the correlation and AI Engine to streamline our processes.

What needs improvement?

My big thing is the easability. I don't like to go to two different systems. The fat client that you have to install to configure it, then the web console which is just for reporting and analysis. These features need to collapse, and it needs to be in a single solution. Going through the web solution in the future is the way to do it, because right now, it is a bit cumbersome.

If I remember correctly, there are some compatibility issues with different browsers. The user system work only on Chrome. In order to use something like this solution, we would have to have that extra browser. It would be nice if LogRhythm had a full support compatibility across all browsers, regardless of what platform they're using and whether they are on desktop or mobile devices.

Still implementing.

I'm a little on the fence about stability, because the platform runs on Windows at the moment. There has been some finicky administration stuff, especially if we are going to try to integrate it with our own domain's policies which need to be correctly reflected. In the instance that we have, it is not necessarily a good idea to have an endpoint security, but when you have to meet compliance and follow rules, these are some of the exceptions. There needs to be a way to allow organizations to utilize these platforms and still be in compliant.

I don't what the demand is. I know the number of systems that we have. We try to forecast the demand ahead of time by coming up and listing the services that we need in the environment, but there are still things which are probably still yet to be seen.

As we run into systems which we were not aware of and need custom integration, I don't know what the pain points will look like or if things will be overlooked: Is the system scalable enough to where it will allow me to continue to log certain things without any restrictions? I don't know at this time, and I will find out once it happens.

So far, the technical support has been good.

I was hired in because I have the skill set to implement it. The original acquisition of the product was done by other people. Now, they have somebody who has the skill set and understands the technology deploying and configuring it, then going forward maintaining it.

For the development and maintenance, it will be just me. However, for the day-to-day log analysis, there will be a second person providing that function.

What other advice do I have?

While we are aware of the playbooks, we still need to look into them.

We are close to a gig of messages a second, so quite a bit of data.

To capture your use cases, understand exactly what you are looking at ingesting. Do the research as far as what the company has done. For example:

• What have they provided at organizations of similar size?
  • At peer organizations, how have they implemented the solution and what are some of their pain points?

Understand what everybody else has done previously with the solution.