LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Review

Web Console allows me to see the health of our environments, but support needs work

What is our primary use case?

I'm an admin and analyst, so use cases cover a lot of log sources for applications, mostly.

How has it helped my organization?

Being able to see when one of our assets is down and being able to restart it really quickly has been a definite benefit. It has been really helpful in the general maintenance of our whole environment.

We're able to look at our environment and see how it's being affected, according to the log sources. We can immediately see how the system responds to things that our development team does.

What is most valuable?

The Web Console is my favorite. It enables me, at a glance, to see the health of the environments. That is really important to me and to us.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more widgets. I just love the widgets on the Web Console, I love to play with them, so more would be better.

The stability has been great since the upgrade.

We just upgraded to 7.35 and, although I wasn't involved in that, it seems like since then everything has been working really well. It scaled really well and we are taking in new network monitors. That has been really easy.

We usually do end up having to remind technical support about our issues, get back in touch with them to see what the status is on our tickets. That has been frustrating in the past, but they do find solutions. Sometimes it takes a while. And sometimes that communication gets lost. Some of our tickets had to be escalated to engineers. They get a little bit lost, at times, when that happens to a ticket.

Overall, I would rate tech support at three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend LogRhythm. Work with the LogRhythm team to help learn how your environment works. Use as much help as LogRhythm can provide in your initial setup, so you can understand your environment best.

We have more than 20 log sources. We average around 3,000 messages per second. We have hit 8,000 in the past, but not since the new upgrade in which we got more room. In terms of staff for deployment and maintenance, there are just two of us who share it. But when we're on-call, all of us use it. There are nine of us who use it every day when on-call.

I rate the solution at seven out of ten. I'm very happy with it. I love how powerful it is. However, the customer service is where the points come off. I know they're working on it.