Lucidchart Review

Some of the valuable features are drag and drop and connection through arrows

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features are drag and drop and connection through arrows. It makes work go by a lot faster without having to create each shape from scratch.

How has it helped my organization?

I have used this product several times to create or update an IA for whichever project I may be working on.

What needs improvement?

I like the feature of how the arrows connect to each shape. It would be nice to see more options with that as well. In other words, options such as color, type of line, weight, and flexible/loose.

When I was using the free version last summer, I don’t remember there being an option to change the look of the arrow. I’m sure that option exists now, but the main thing I was trying to figure out was how to get a fixed (straight) line. On a YouTube video it shows lines that are curved (loose). At the time, I couldn’t figure out how to just get a simple straight line or vice versa. I also couldn’t figure out how to connect the arrow to other points of the shape.

I have used this solution for four to six months.

There were no issues with stability.

If you mean, the size of my board, then yes, I do remember having an issue with scalability in the past. I had to scale down all of my elements to make sure that they fit onto the board.

I’ve used OmniGraffle before. I switched because I found it easier to create a flowchart in the Lucidchart program.

The initial setup was straightforward. I was using the free version.

I haven’t needed to evaluate solutions in the past, but for work, I will probably do so if I need to create a flowchart in the future.

What other advice do I have?

Try out the free version and see how you handle using the software first.