What is most valuable?
- Cloud/SaaS Solution/Pay As You Go
- Semi-Reasonable Pricing
- Lots of templates to choose from
- Integrates with other tools (e.g., Slack, JIRA, and most importantly Visio)
- Easily converts Visio files on import
- Can export to Visio
- Because it’s a cloud solution, I can create/edit from one computer, and continue to edit on another, if needed.
- Cheaper than Visio, and since It’s a browser solution, I don’t have to worry about having a single license on a single machine.
How has it helped my organization?
I pay for a personal license, but being new to the organization, I am trying to push the use of Lucidchart, especially for Mac users in lieu of setting up a Virtual Machine with Windows, and in lieu of OmniGraffle.
What needs improvement?
Anytime I need to print, I have to re-download/export. This is a mild inconvenience, but hoping it could be improved.
For how long have I used the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
This tool is so easy and intuitive that I’ve not had the need to contact technical support.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
How was the initial setup?
Super easy! Sign-up for the free version, test it out, and if you like it, pay for the subscription and start using it.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Bigger discounts for annual prepaid license.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
What other advice do I have?
If you are looking for a solution that replaces Visio, Lucidchart is indeed the alternative. All of the benefits/features that I described above are the reasons why I would never go back to Visio.