Lucidchart Review

Templates eliminate creating something from scratch and help realize significant efficiencies

What is our primary use case?

I have two main use cases. I am an IT architect, so I'm drawing IT architecture with Lucidchart. The second use case is that I'm using it to build some business models to describe my customers in a single slide.

It's a SaaS solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It's good for teamwork. If you need to collaborate on a certain drawing, whether a business process, or architecture, or anything else, having the team on the same platform is good.

Also, the ability for people to look at a diagram rather than reading through written documents absolutely saves time and, as a result, money. An image is worth more than a book of words. It's impossible for me to quantify the savings.

Lucidchart helps realize efficiencies in the projects I use it for. For example, I will use Lucidchart for each of my customers to describe their business processes. For efficiency, it's really good in that sense. I would estimate it increases my efficiency by 30 percent.

What is most valuable?

The templates are good. They eliminate creating something from scratch and allow me to create from a framework. That saves time.

For documenting processes and systems, I would rate the solution a nine out of 10. I'm not aware of any other software that is as usable as this, because of the templates. They make documenting these things really easy. And when it comes to visualizing and understanding process flows or workflows it makes things easy to understand.

It's also integrated with Google Drive. This is mandatory because all the content I produce is stored in Google Drive. If this was not directly linked to Google Drive it would be a pain.

The fact that Lucidchart accommodates both Mac and PC users is also important to me because I'm using a Mac. If it didn't work on Mac I could not use it at all.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps it already exists, but if there were software to install the solution on a Mac, that would be helpful. I see that it's not in the App Store, so that's something that could be improved.

I have been using Lucidchart for one month.

I have never experienced downtime, so it has made a very positive impression.

Because it is a SaaS version, it should be really scalable. But that's just a guess because I haven't had to scale it, given that I have just started using it. But I will use it more and more with my customers.

I have no idea how many people are using Lucidchart in our organization, but I can imagine that all the solution architects would be using it. That would amount to 10 percent of the company using Lucidchart.

I have not had to use their technical support.

I switched from PowerPoint because in PowerPoint you have to build everything, while in Lucidchart it's already there with templates. It's easy to use.

Because it's a SaaS, the setup was quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

Leverage the existing templates. Doing so is like taking advantage of someone having already done your job.

I rate it a nine out of 10. I would love to have the software on my Mac. That would make it a 10.

More Lucidchart reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Visio
Learn what your peers think about Lucidchart. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.