Lumesse ETWeb [EOL] Review

Runs global processes, overviews data quality, and creates action plans.

What is most valuable?

• Ability to run global processes
  • Overview of data quality
  • Ability to create appropriate action plans

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled a global, cohesive approach to the annual review process. We have been able to customize it per business requirements.

What needs improvement?

• The reporting functionality is the aspect we have struggled with most. There are aspects which should make reporting easier when selecting filters. However, certain features and designs severely limit its usefulness.
  • The current processing speed makes it prohibitive to use for any group of people larger than a few hundred. However, Lumesse is shortly releasing a newly designed reporting functionality which we hope will improve this.
  • The access to the backend is limited. If you are a hands-on type of person, then it can be frustrating not to be able to run diagnostics or check issues yourself.
  • There are also issues with processing speed and access to data.
  • There is not as much adaptability for the systems admin as I would like to see.

Our first bundle go-live was in August, 2016. We are successively introducing the new bundles and functionality as they are released.

The system itself is very stable.

There are issues with scalability. We are a large, multi-national company. The system is noticeably slower depending on the size of the group you have access to as an administrator. Lumesse is aware of this and the company is working with us to review it.

The level of technical support is very high, especially during implementation and go-live. Technical support is there when we need it. They stay with us for however long it takes to resolve any issues.

The support documentation/user guides are limited to out-of-the-box setups, both for basic setup and your own customization.

We previously used local solutions.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

We have one main DTU which transfers data from our primary system to Empower. If we want to transfer data back, this would cost significantly more.

However, given the current issues with reporting, it may be a worthwhile investment to consider. One time uploads from other data sources and additional work after tests are also priced separately.

We evaluated some other alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it is a very user-friendly system for frontend users. Training is quite straightforward. It is very flexible in general, so you can adapt it to suit your processes.

However, some items do require Lumesse to change through the backend as the systems admin does not have access.

Implementation and testing require a number of loops. Hence, it takes a long time. Allocate appropriate testing resources. Make sure you have a significant buffer between receiving the first draft and technical go-live.

Empower version
Find out what your peers are saying about Cornerstone OnDemand, SAP, Cezanne Software and others in Talent Management. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.