Magento Review

Has a modular approach, welcoming extensions that are cost-effective and speed time to market

What is our primary use case?

Magento 2 is basically a B2C solution for online retail shops. Our clients are majorly small to medium-sized businesses who are using this product to sell online and manage their orders. They also manage their products, catalog, and customers using it.

Our company includes a structure that caters to the needs of companies who are already using Magneto 2. We have a development team, a DevOps team, and a marketing team. We provide all of the services required to manage, maintain, develop, and implement this solution for our clients under one roof.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its modular approach.

The ecosystem includes thousands of vendors who are providing third-party add-ons. For anybody who is implementing this solution, they can easily get these extensions for a very cheap price, or even for free, from the market. This provides good value to small and medium-sized customers. Not only can they build a system at a cheap price, but they can get it live very quickly.

Many of our clients integrate this with third-party ERP and accounting applications.

What needs improvement?

There are multiple areas that are in need of improvement because even a small or mid-sized business requires features that are not included. Some of our clients need a CRM, which is not available in Magneto. Others need a complete accounting system, which is also not available by default.

Because of these missing components, we recommend our clients use third-party applications like QuickBooks or Odoo ERP and integrate them with Magento. However, if Magento provides us with these types of features then it will be a win-win because the customer won't have to integrate other systems to achieve the same functionality.

The performance is a bottleneck in Magento and there is a lot of room for improvement in this regard. There are multiple modules that come with Magento by default that are not needed by every business and should be removed. I have seen that in the newer releases, they are already starting to improve this.

Our clients for this solution are small to mid-sized businesses that have their own customer base.

Compared to other platforms, the initial setup of Magento is definitely complex. However, when I consider the value of using this application, I think that spending some time on the initial setup and configuration is worth it. It is not a waste of money because it is a very good solution and brings a lot of value.

Our development and DevOps teams implement and deploy this product for our clients.

Magento 2 provides very good value.

The cost of implementation is cheap compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

More Magento reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, SAP, Salesforce and others in eCommerce Platforms. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.