Magento Review

Highly customizable and easy to manage, but has problems related to stability

What is our primary use case?

We used Magento to build an online shopping website for one of our biggest web design clients. Our client wanted a fast and easy solution and did not mind using a pre-made template.

How has it helped my organization?

Magento has made it easy for us to set up, manage, and customize online e-commerce websites for our web design clients.

What is most valuable?

The open-source PHP code allows our developers to customize pretty much anything on the platform, including allowing us to add some of the most complex shipping and inventory features for clients who have very specific, industry-related business specifications.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes Magento has technical glitches and freezes, slows down, or crashes. The system requires a site administrator to know how and when to re-index and clear the cache. More technical knowledge is required to keep a Magento website running smoothly compared to many other platforms like OpenCart.

We have been using this solution for seven years.

We installed Magento on a shared hosting environment quickly and efficiently, without technical problems of any kind.

The system is more modern the OsCommerce and has cleaner PHP code that is more lightweight than some of the other shopping cart platforms.