For how long have you used this solution?
- Several years now .
Which features are most valuable?
- The many level of reports like who forwarded you mail, didn't open, .....
Can you give an example of how this solution has improved the way your organization functions?
- When using mailchimp it can track how many people realy have opend your emails. It will show u how many people have forward the mail where they clicked on it etc ... If u want to start sending out mails u need to understand your customers this tool just gives u a much better idea about your public's intrest.
What areas of this solution have room for improvement?
- So far none it's just perfect as is.
Did you encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability? If so, please describe.
- Not at all and since it's hosted we not have to worry about a thing
Did you previously use a different solution and if so, why did you switch?
- Yes, before we used our own phplist to send out emails. Every time it was hard to create beautiful looking emails and there was no tracking at all about who opened the mail forwarded it etc ...
Before choosing this solution, did you evaluate other options? If so, which ones?
- It became clear from the start that there was only 1 real good solution and that was mailchimp it's just standing out above any other solution imho.
How would you rate the level of customer service and technical support?
- So far no support was needed, all worked well and I have used the product already for many other solutions before.
Was the initial setup straightforward or complex? In what ways?
- Setting up mailchimp is easy with plenty of instructions to help you out and to explain things.
Did you implement it in-house or through a vendor team? If through a vendor, how would you rate their work?
- The only thing to implement is connecting mailchimp with other applications. For that there is an extensive api available. - So far we where able to do everything by ourselves.
What is your ROI on this solution?
- Hard to say if you have less then 2000 contacts to send mail to it's free. Above 2000 you have to buy credits or pay a monthly fee. - If you buy for example 5000 credits you pay $100. Since it's returning customers to us and helping us to clean up our maillist it pays itself back real quick.
What was your original setup cost for this solution and what is your day-to-day cost of using it?
- None, we did the setup by ourselves the only cost was the time to set it up and to connect it with our other applications.
What advice would you give to others looking into this solution?
- What are you waiting for? It's easy, it helps you a lot and it's not to expensive give it a try. Stay under 2000 users at first so you can use most of the features for free. I'm quite confident that you will be hooked in no time!