MailChimp Review

Enables us to scale our email initiatives as we grow.

What is most valuable?

Provides easy list importing/exporting and management, easy newsletter automation setup, marketing (email) automation workflows, and simple design options.

How has it helped my organization?

We distribute all sales blasts, newsletters, and investor updates through MailChimp. The ease of use and price point enables us to scale our email initiatives efficiently as we grow.

What needs improvement?

Automation workflows have limited trigger options.

We have been using this solution for five years.

I have yet to see MailChimp fail in five years of frequent use.

There were no scalability issues, in regards to list size. It was only when it came to wanting more sophisticated automation capabilities that there was some scalability issues.

Technical support is fantastic.

I've dabbled with other email marketing tools. The big ones, such as IBM SilverPop and SalesForce Pardot, are clunky and expensive. Marketo is probably worth it, if you're trying to do really high-powered automation at scale.

But among the lower-tier options, in terms of price, MailChimp maintains a lead, although maybe it is tied with Emma and a couple of other new entrants.

The setup was incredibly straightforward. MailChimp has great on-boarding and initial walk-throughs, and guides.

We use the batch pricing, so it grows as our contact lists grow.

We looked at the full spectrum from small to big solutions and decided MailChimp was perfect for our needs at this stage as a startup.

What other advice do I have?

The knowledge base (support center) is full of clear, easy-to-follow guides. There are few things you'll need that it can't do.