MailChimp Review

Can send out newsletters without spending too much time building out the emails. The WYSIWYG editor doesn't work in the email client that IBM uses.

What is most valuable?

Seeing the click rates, i.e., what people are clicking on to gauge what the subscribers to our emails are interested in is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

I can quickly send out newsletters without spending too much time building out the emails.

What needs improvement?

The WYSIWYG editor doesn't work in the email client that IBM uses, so I've had to completely code out the email. While this isn't a huge problem, it will take a bit of time to get the template up and running, i.e., when I want to change the template, it's a hassle as I have to recode.

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support for the paid version is good, I'm not sure they have technical support for the unpaid version (which is what we're using now).

I have always been on MailChimp for the newsletters.

The setup was straightforward, just annoying as I have to hard code the emails each time that I send them out.

MailChimp is a good value product, but it seems very basic. It looks like they're starting to branch out more to social ads and are not putting as much time into their email service.

What other advice do I have?

You need someone that knows how to develop emails. The drag and drop email builder isn't coded to show up properly in Outlook, Notes and the older email clients.