Malwarebytes Review

Comprehensively finds and removes malicious software, but not always easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We use it for instant response.

How has it helped my organization?

It prevents us from having to re-image computers if they are found to be harboring malware. We have also seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect and respond to threats, by a few hours. Finally, it has helped with staff productivity by about five percent.

What is most valuable?

It comprehensively finds and removes malicious software.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the way it is deployed, in terms of being able to distribute it. Right now we have to get our hands on a machine to deploy it. It would be nice if there was an easier system.

It seems to be stable.

In my opinion, it's not very scalable, at least the way we use it at this point in time.

I have not contacted technical support.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was just an MSI installable. Double-click it and then it installs.

What other advice do I have?

Trial it and see if it works in your enterprise and, if so, then acquire it.

Having said that, I don't think it has had much impact on our security maturity.

I would rate Malwarebytes at seven out of ten because it is effective but not always easy to deploy.