Malwarebytes Review

Stops all ransomware attacks and is easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

One of our clients right now is using Malwarebytes for their endpoint security, and they were part of a security assessment we ran. This organization was hit by ransomware and therefore getting a solution specifically that addressed ransomware was of primary importance.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution was successfully deployed and so far has been able to stop all ransomware attacks, which has been extremely beneficial to the organization. The IT manager is also able to manage the solution easily. Our observation is that the company is getting the updates as it should be and it's functioning successfully.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a good management interface.

The fact that we are able to successfully deploy it on all the endpoints and the client has not had any recurrence of a ransomware event has been very good. It means that it's doing what it's supposed to do.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I haven't found any ways the solution lacks in features or usability.

I've been using the solution for two years.

Our impression is that the solution has a good reputation for stability and is a good choice. Sophos is our number one partner, however, we find that working with Malwarebytes is also fine. We would have no objections to somebody making the choice to use it.

The solution scales up just fine, especially for mid-tier organizations.

I can't comment on technical support. It's probably fine, however, I don't think we've ever engaged with them.

The initial setup was not too complicated. It deployed easily. I don't think there were any difficulties around implementation. The client actually did it before we were involved with them, so it must not have been too difficult.

The organization wasn't large, so the deployment only took about two to three days. It wasn't too lengthy. It went pretty quickly.

In terms of maintenance, one person can handle the job easily.

In terms of licensing, the solution is certainly comparable to other choices. I would say they're comparable to Sophos or Symantec among others. They'd be very close to each other price-wise. I don't think they're cheaper; I believe they're at a similar price point.

I'm not really totally familiar with all of their licensing choices, so I'm not sure if there are costs over and above the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We've never resold Malwarebytes. We've just worked with customers that had already begun using it.

This is one of the best solutions for ransomware.

It deploys as one would expect, and it manages as one would hope.

It's perfectly fine for small to mid-tier organizations and I would say that it works as advertised.

I'd give them an eight out of ten. Sophos Intercept X is probably technologically more rigorous and it has some technical advantages for Sophos users in that that it can integrate with the firewalls and have incident response capabilities. However, Malwarebytes is perfectly fine on its own.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: consultant
More Malwarebytes reviews from users