ManageEngine ADManager Plus Review

Affordable, with an easy setup and good reporting

What is our primary use case?

I'm a single system engineer, and I have colleagues that are technicians. They don't have knowledge of the archetypal console and administration.

The solution is perfect for moving myself from first to second-level support and empowering technicians to handle certain tasks such as resetting passwords, reporting expiring passwords, etc. With the solution, that type of task can be handled from the report and delegated.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers very good reports for management purposes.

Teams are able to use the solution remotely and allow access to colleagues.

The solution is very simple.

What needs improvement?

We're using the trial version, and so far everything we've been trying has been very good. We haven't seen areas that need improvement just yet.

The price could be a bit lower.

It would be nice if the solution offered some sort of brochure with some high-level information that would help sell it to management. If they had details around how much time it saves an engineer, for example, to show the ROI, it would be helpful.

The solution could use more templated reports. Right now I have to manually manage and create reports.

The solution needs to integrate better with Office 365 so you can have a mixed environment.

The main downside is that, for my environment, I must have two products to conduct the same purpose. If I want to download and export PSD or I have mail and disabled accounts, I don't do it from one console. It would be helpful if I could.

We're using the trial version and have been using the solution for about a month.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We haven't reached out to technical support. However, they do offer contact and options to arrange meetings. They have a way of keeping connected with us without being overly annoying.

We ended up choosing this solution over Microsoft SCCM because Microsoft is much more expensive. ADManager also offers the features we needed for our company.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's quite easy and is managed in just a few clicks. Deployment times are very fast and seem to take as little as 15 minutes.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

So far, the solution seems like it's worth the money it costs to use it.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the trial version, so we only have access to the free tools and don't have access to certain items such as remote installation.

We're planning to buy the full solution soon.

We're using the cloud deployment model.

The solution is one of the biggest companies in Croatia for IT organizations.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine ADManager Plus vs. One Identity Active Roles and other solutions. Updated: January 2021.
465,836 professionals have used our research since 2012.