ManageEngine Applications Manager Review

Flexible deployment, good price, good integration, and good support

What is our primary use case?

We use the ManageEngine suite in many dimensions. We not only use it for application monitoring and troubleshooting; we also do our services through this suite. We manage services in general, and to provide our services, we use the ManageEngine suite. Depending on what a customer needs, we put different modules and applications. Sometimes, the customers buy the solution or software, and sometimes they buy just the services. We put the software as a service.

The main product that we have here is for a banking client, and they have the latest version. Its version, however, varies based on the customer. In general, it is deployed on-premises, and our big customers require it in data centers. We hope to be in the cloud soon.

What is most valuable?

Its price and the flexibility to deploy are the most valuable. Flexibility is very important, and you can scale from very basic to more complex.

This solution is a part of a complete suite of management tools. So, it can be integrated with other solutions for monitoring networks, which is very important. You can expand it or interconnect it with many other tools, which is a powerful feature.

We have a very good and long relationship with ManageEngine support guys. They provide very good support for us.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the post-processing of the data. AppDynamics has more powerful tools for post-processing or analytics.

It has some limitations in more complex environments, but because we are free to use different solutions, we try to find what is best for the customers or the problem we are trying to solve.

I have been using this solution for around 12 years.

We have a very long relationship with ManageEngine development and support guys in India. We have direct access to them, and they provide good support. I would rate them a nine out of ten. If we have any problem, we work online with them, which is a very advantageous thing. It is impossible to do the same with other solutions like AppDynamics.

Its price is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Applications Manager an eight out of ten because there are more powerful tools in the market.

More ManageEngine Applications Manager reviews from users
...who compared it with Dynatrace
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.