ManageEngine Applications Manager Review

Straightforward to deploy and easy to use, but stability is a significant problem

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for application monitoring.

We have an on-premises deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

We would like the ability to log and move monitors between probes.

The dashboards in the interface need a lot of work.

The ability to go ad-hoc would be a helpful inclusion in the next release. You put something into maintenance mode on a schedule, which is something that I can't do from my screen.

We have been using this solution for six years.

At the moment, we are not finding this solution to be very stable. We've had a lot of calls with the vendor to sort things out.

Scalability is pretty simple. We have more than two hundred users.

If you're dealing directly within the technical support team then they are pretty good.

Prior to using this solution, we were using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), and it was horrible.

The initial setup of this solution is pretty straightforward. The deployment took no longer than a week, including getting everything up and running.

We performed the implementation in-house.

The cost of this solution is not too bad, although it could be cheaper considering what you're getting for the price.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the size of the environment, this is a solution that I recommend. You also have to be careful about how you deploy it.

This is a good product, but right now, we have too many issues with stability.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.