ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP Review

Intuitive and easy to use, integrates well, good customer support, and it scales well

What is our primary use case?

This is a product that we have deployed and managed for clients with Microsoft environments, and we have also used it in-house.

I also use Manage Engine as an end-user. It is a robust and easy-to-use solution that can be used across many domains.

How has it helped my organization?

The interface is intuitive, easy to use, and has a low learning curve.

The trials give a good staging and opportunity for evaluation.

This really a great tool that works well both on-premises and in the cloud, with a nifty feature for demilitarized zone deployments.

The great thing about Manage Engine is that it is a suite of products that integrate well, building a robust ecosystem for individual use and for Managed Service Providers.

What is most valuable?

Some of the great features include DMZ deployments and Unified Endpoint Protection.

Not a product feature per se, but the support team across the different products is very helpful. We have had good interactions with them.

Since this is a suite of products, I do not depend on any single point on any one product.

In the Cloud platform, I very much like the alarms and how they easily centralize management.

In the Network and Server Management service, the remote capabilities of OpManager simplify management and it's a tool that our system administrator really relied on during covid restrictions, both for us and our clients.

Inventory Management is a challenge everywhere and the ITAM tool (Asset Explorer) is a fantastic tool.

There are great webinars and support training for partners and end-users.

What needs improvement?

The partnership models and subscriptions can be improved, as regional master resellers sometimes hog the space. But, the international teams are very helpful across their different domains from analytics to asset and infrastructure.

We have been using ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP for five years.

This is a very stable solution. I would rate the stability a nine out of ten.

This product is highly scalable. In terms of scalability, I would rate it a nine out of ten.

ManageEngine has great customer support.

We have experience with SolarWinds. It has a steep Learning curve and the price is a bit high. However, we still use it, support it, and resell it.

It is an easy and intutive setup.

Our in-house team was responsible for the deployment.

We have had a good ROI with this solution.

This product has an easy setup, good support, and a good price.

We evaluated Lepide, SolarWinds, and JumpCloud.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't used this in a Linux environment so I cannot say how it compares with other Management Tools in that domain. But, assuming it's the same intuitive intelligence, this is a good product for MSPs.

It easily integrates with other tools and we are currently seeing how it works on cloud environments Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.

This is a product I will easily recommend and it is our leading solution for reselling and for Managed Services.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller and System Integrators
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, N-able, Comodo and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.