ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Reasonably priced and provides one portal for all of our management needs

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for:

• User management and Patch management.
  • Application and software deployment management, which is made very easy using its software.
  • Remote support on different platforms like macOS, Windows, Linux, and tablets (Android and iOS).
  • Software usage monitoring by the users.
  • Providing endpoint security and assets management.
  • Discovering the software license and warranty details.
  • Device control like USB and security policies.
  • Effectively applying restrictions on end-user devices like cameras and browsers.

How has it helped my organization?

Having one single portal for all of our patch management, application management, mobile device management, and remote support has greatly improved our IT capabilities. Previously, we were using different tools for each different purpose.

The endpoint security helps us control the user device as per the IT policies.

OS deployment and software deployment have saved the IT department a large amount of time during the mass onboarding.

Using desktop central has increased the efficiency of the asset management in our company.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature we found to be useful in the COVID situation is the secure connection, which gives the IT support staff the ability to seamlessly connect with the users remotely and in a secure way. They can connect to almost all of the operating systems including Windows, Linux, macOS, and tablets. This also gives great control to the IT support staff, who remotely connect to the users during emergencies.

The patch management of the different operating systems in our environment is also made easy by using the desktop central software.

What needs improvement?

There is a slight delay in customer support, which is something that can be improved.

We would like to see more integration on the macOS side, much as it is with Windows. There are still some access-level restrictions that we can see in the latest macOS when we connect desktop central remote. This is something that should be improved in the next release.

We have been using ManageEngine Desktop Central for two and a half years.

It is quite a stable product and we have access to customer support if there are any issues. Make sure that you subscribe to an annual support contract.

It's pretty good at scaling up. You just need to buy a license and it's ready to use.

The technical support is good but sometimes, there is a slight delay in response.

We did not use another similar product before this one.

The setup was a bit complex initially but with use, we have become experts now.

Our implementation was done through a vendor.

We have been using this product for the past two and a half years and we have seen a 90% ROI.

It's relatively cheap if you take the overall product. Choose wisely between the Professional and Enterprise editions, based on your needs.

We evaluated TeamViewer for remote support, as well as Microsoft System Center.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, given the capabilities of Desktop Central, it is one of the best endpoint management solutions and it can cater to most of the operating systems in a client's environment, through a single portal.

More ManageEngine Desktop Central reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine Desktop Central. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.