ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Quick to set up, provides a helpful chat feature, and the dashboard is very good

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product to monitor PCs, perform updates, and as a remote desktop.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped me in several aspects. It has helped to identify outdated PCs, as well as to assist with remote control and software monitoring. I can see what users have installed on PCs, which is especially helpful for laptops.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, this solution is okay.

What I like best about this product is that I can log on to every PC, very easily, and chat with the user via the chat feature.

The dashboard is very good. It saves me a lot of time when it comes to finding the Windows calibration software that is installed on the PCs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to install the agent remotely. When we change a PC, we have to uninstall the agent and then re-install it on the new one, and it is a difficult procedure.

Sometimes the performance is not very good, which is something that can be improved.

I have been using ManageEngine Desktop Central for approximately one year.

The stability is good.

We have 25 users, which is the limit for the free version. I don't know how scalable it is beyond this point. Whether I increase my usage depends on whether I stay with this product and purchase a license, or instead try another solution.

I have not had any issues, so I have not needed to contact technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward and fast. It definitely takes less than a day to deploy.

I have been using the free version and am in the stage where I have to decide if I will proceed with the paid license, or instead choose another product.

This is the product that was recommended to me, so I did not evaluate other options before implementing it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if they don't have a product to control the software that users have installed on their PCs, then this is a very good tool. However, beyond a certain number of users, they have to buy it.

More ManageEngine Desktop Central reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine Desktop Central. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.