ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

Scalable with excellent performance and an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to run on all the desktops in our company. We have unique requirements, and this was the only solution that really met them.

What is most valuable?

The easy application deployment allows you to use the solution directly.

The solution works very well. It offers excellent performance.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We find the solution to be pretty stable.

The product can scale well if you need it to.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be better.

The solution should be better at integrating with other solutions. Right now, it's not the best.

I've been using the solution for 12 months. It's been about a year at this point.

The stability is excellent. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's quite good.

The solution can scale quite well. We haven't had issues. If a company wants to expand, it can do so with relative ease.

We have about 15 individuals using the solution.

Although we don't have current plans to increase usage, we might do so in the future.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten in terms of support. They do offer support in Portuguese, which is helpful, however, it could be a bit better.

We used to use a local solution provided by us, however, it was too expensive to maintain. That is the reason we switched to this product.

We did not find the initial implementation to be complex. It was straightforward and simple. If a company needs to implement it themselves, they shouldn't have any problems doing so.

For our organization, the implementation took about three weeks.

You only need one person to handle maintenance. In my organization, that is me.

We did not use an implementor or reseller to help us with the implementation process. We handled the entire setup in-house ourselves.

I'd rate the cost at a seven out of ten. It's okay. It could be a bit more affordable, however, it's not too expensive.

We pay about $250 a year for our license.

We did not evaluate other solutions before settling on this product. It was the only one we considered and looked at.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

We are using the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure which version number we have.

In general, I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it nine out of ten overall, however, I hope that in the future, they improve their integration capabilities.

More ManageEngine Desktop Central reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine Desktop Central. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.