ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

What is most valuable?

I value the remote deployment solution the most as that functionality is used daily. However, other parts of the software like patch management, inventory and client/user configurations are also highly regarded.

How has it helped my organization?

It changed the entire flow of my department, though it is not a large department ranging from 55 to 75 users and about 130 clients (which includes lab and student PCs). I was able to save one full time employee and, thus, the software allowed me to present a serious cost reduction to the department staff.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have the self-service portal which is now present in the Enterprise edition to be deployed to the users of the Professional edition as well.

I implemented Desktop Central in spring 2009 and have used it ever since.

The response from the technical support staff was great whenever I needed it. They are also open to suggestions from the community and now and then implement ideas offered by the community.

We previously had a full time employee running around to install software when demanded.

It's straightforward. Between setup, testing and deployment of my first software package there was half a day. Since I have been running Desktop Central for six years. People looking for an easy management tool without steep learning curve like MS System Center should definitely have a look at Desktop Central.

We deployed in-house and have no additional remarks about implementation.

We have saved one full time employee.

We get Academic licensing which is not representative for the majority of users.

What other advice do I have?