ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

This software gives good insight of all the running applications, especially those that were not installed through DC9 or manually by an admin.

What is most valuable?

The functionality most valuable to us is the distribution of our software packages to all workstations. We also like the automatic asset management function which allows us the ability to retrieve and configure all necessary CI reports for auditing issues, for example.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Often I had issues with user configurations. An additional check should be built that, before installing software through a user config, the software checks if an application has already been installed on the workstation or not. Especially because of roaming profiles and workplaces nowadays, this becomes a “must-have” option.

I've used it for approximately one year.

9/10

Before DC9 I used Scense (Dutch-programmed software distribution tool) which was only good for distribution of software, mostly through scripted applications. DC9 was very much more intuitive, flexible and clear.

Just click and install.

Just downloaded from manageengine.com and implemented and configured myself. Read an overview of this software beforehand so you know how you want and/or need to configure the software.

What other advice do I have?

DC9 is a simple, cheap and complete software distribution tool, also to configure all necessary options to control all kinds of OS options on the workstations like in Microsoft Group Policy Editor.

More ManageEngine Desktop Central reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware Workspace ONE
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine Desktop Central. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,499 professionals have used our research since 2012.