ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

​It has allowed us to deploy laptops to users and not worry about patching Microsoft applications. I'd like to see some enhancements on what parameters you can use to push an application.​

What is most valuable?

• Patch Management
  • Inventory

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to deploy laptops to users and not worry about patching Microsoft and third-party applications.

What needs improvement?

The web interface could use some polishing. I would also like to see some enhancements on what parameters you can use to push an application.

I have been using the product for over five years.

No issues with deployment.

No issues with scalability. One of the reasons that we went with Desktop Central is the small footprint.

Very happy with tech support but would like to see someone there on the weekends.

We used Novell's ZENWorks 10 and 11. We chose it based on it's small footprint and the features such as 3rd party patch management

Very easy to implement. A few clicks and you are done.

I did it myself for 300 workstations as you can leverage the program to install via Active Directory credentials.

The ROI was three months for us.

The ROI was three months for us.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware that updates are once a month. They usually take about 30 minutes to perform.