ManageEngine Desktop Central Review

We have almost 2500 computers inside our private network. Managing those computers from a single console meant a dream come true for us.

What is most valuable?

Desktop Management and various reporting features.

How has it helped my organization?

Besides this, central patch management and detailed reporting, especially active directory or inventory management reporting, boosts up our regular activities.

What needs improvement?

Reporting should be customizable. Although there is already a scope of customized reporting, there should be some other option. Besides for that, for inventory management, this software takes data from active directory’s database.

Sometimes this shows some garbage or duplicate value. There should be some method to search the out of order or dead computers.

Since December 2016.

Not yet.

Not really.

Technical support is not up to the mark. In my opinion, this is the area where they should look after more carefully.

I used some trial versions of Microsoft SCCM and different ManageEngine products including ADaudit Plus , ADmanager Plus.

The initial setup was very easy and straightforward

There is a strange licensing policy regarding technician restrictions. Normally, it comes with single technician license (at least at our scenario), which means only one admin user can log into the system.

I think the licensing details, as well as the local partner’s technical resources, need to be evaluated before purchasing the product.

Yes we do, Microsoft SCCM.

1 visitor found this review helpful