ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer Review

Simple and easy to use but needs better graphical visualization

What is most valuable?

We haven't deployed the solution with any company yet; we're thinking about it. As a product, I know it from a previous organization. The only features that I like about it are its simplicity and its ease of use.

Overall the solution does a good job.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks a lot of features that other products have in the marketplace.

The solution needs better visual representation and better reporting. The reports sometimes are not as good as what is offered by other competitors.

The dashboard is sufficient, but it's not as intuitive as many competitor dashboards.

The solution needs a better graphical visualization so that you can see the rules.

Just generally, the solution needs to have the ability to do much more granular level visualizations. This is especially necessary around the policy engines. Users should be able to create network segmentation zones and then do what-if scenarios so that they can understand the impact and do more fine-grain impact analysis of new rules before deploying them.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

We haven't deployed the solution yet, so I can't speak to how stable the solution is.

We haven't deployed the solution yet. In my past organization, it was used for a very small deployment. I have no experience of how good it is in terms of scalability. We will need it to scale if we do use it.  That feature will be something that would be important for us if it's effective.

I don't deal with technical support or handle technical issues related to the product.

We haven't attempted deployment of the solution, so I can't speak to the implementation process.

My job is to evaluate other products in the marketplace against our company's requirements. I've looked at AlgoCircle, Twofin and Skybox. Many of these are more suited for enterprise-level organizations and have far more features than ManageEngine.

What other advice do I have?

We're not personally using the solution. We provide services for it and consider using it for our clients.

I can speak about the product, however, I cannot discuss how the solution is deployed or anything around that.

My job is to evaluate platforms and technologies.

It's a good product, but I'd advise those considering the solution to also evaluate other products in the marketplace against their requirements and then decide that if they want something quick and fast and relatively cheap or not. For quick and cheap, ManageEngine ticks those boxes. If they want something that's more feature-rich and more capable, then they probably need to go to something, like AlgoCircle, or Twofin or Skybox.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. I'm looking for much more advanced capabilities that ManageEngine hasn't quite got yet for basic deployment. For a small enterprise of maybe 10, 20, 50 firewalls, it's fine. When you're in an environment where you have over half a million rules in the environment, it's not as good.