ManageEngine IT360 Review

Helps with managing the active directory but needs more intelligence and information availability

What is our primary use case?

We are able to track changes to critical subjects in the active directory for our enterprise architecture.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features for us have to do with gaining insight into our active directory, permissions and security sets, and with user group policy changes.

What needs improvement?

The product can be improved with a little more intelligence in terms of critical objects that are included in the setup. Also, it would be nice to be able to have some additional automation. Basically the purpose would be to review the setup and the setup for base policies.

We have been using Manage Engine for the last about two years.

This is a very stable product.

We need only one centralized instance of ManageEngine that applies to our whole Enterprise. If we were to have different sites, then we would get a license for the other site. So it would be expandible.

There has been nothing we needed to contact ManageEngine's technical support for. In terms of things we may have trouble with, most of the time we just use YouTube videos to learn how to do things on our own.

We use ManageEngine. But we also use ADAudit Plus as well. It is another product by the same company.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Manage Engine as somewhere between a seven and an eight. This is because of the lack of available technical knowledge in terms of competence and maximizing the power of the product. That is the only disadvantage. We know it can do more but finding out how can be an issue.

I don't really know what else can be added in the future to make the product a ten off the top of my head. I can think of a number of things, but there are no improvements that Manage Engine provides to users which I am aware of. We are still discovering the product and we are trying to make sure it is the right IT Management Solution for us after two years in terms of help desk and ticketing and automation of requests.

All I know is that when it comes to managing the active directory, ManageEngine is something I consider to be the best. But you have to take the time to analyze your environment. For me, it is the best that we can do for our purposes. After that the fundamentals of the database connection for the whole enterprise is good. So, I can recommend the product to people who have a similar use case.

Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Zabbix, Nagios and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.