ManageEngine OpManager Review

The fact that we can schedule reports enables us to have fewer spreadsheets to create

What is our primary use case?

My personal use case is for network management, traffic flow, am any kind of alerts. Anything you can think of, you can program through OpManager or anything on the network you can think of, you can program through OpManager. We run monthly and weekly reports and all of those are programmed and then in a week or a month, it's in your inbox. Your CIF log scan goes through it all.

What is most valuable?

You can put all of your work on there and they'll send you an email or send you a text. That functionality as a network engineer is the one I like the most. I do like the fact that we can schedule reports. That works too because that's a lot fewer spreadsheets that I have to create.

What needs improvement?

OpManager is slow but that just might be the server we have it on. I don't think that's the problem but I don't do the server. But it is slow. When you're interacting with it, it could be more nimble and could be faster.

The UI is fine, it's just a little sluggish. But once it's up and running, it's good.

I have been using OpManager for four years.

We don't have problems with stability.

It might be slow but it's stable. No problem there either. That's not something that should stop anybody from buying it. My preference would be to speed it up, but there's probably a reason why it's not as fast as I would like it.

I've only had to deal with support once or twice and I've never had a problem. My colleague handles it a little bit more than I do, and I've never heard him gripe about it.

I didn't set them up but from what I know about it, it's straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution. I wasn't part of the decision or part of the team at the time that they chose it but it definitely does what we need it for. It has more functionality than what we use it for, so I think it's overall a good solution. The only gripe I have is like everybody else, I would want it to be faster. That's the only issue I have.

I would rate OpManager a nine out of ten.

More ManageEngine OpManager reviews from users