ManageEngine OpManager Review

Alerts, reports, and automation together enable us to quickly troubleshoot

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for network monitoring. We monitor customer networks with it and the performance is extremely good. The distributed network has a lot of features that our customers really appreciate.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us a way to quickly check any issue that could affect one of our network devices. We have alerts, we have reports, and we have automation. Everything together gives us an extremely fast way to troubleshoot issues that arise.

What is most valuable?

• All the automation capabilities
  • Reporting

What needs improvement?

It would be great if there were some sort of artificial intelligence feature which would help us make improvements in the network once we find an issue, and do it automatically.

It's very stable.

It has very good scalability. We can go from 250 devices up to 50,000 or more devices.

We use technical support at times, especially when there is a new release. Sometimes we need remote support from the manufacturer, and it is fine.

We used a freeware tool but it lacked reports and automation. Once we knew OpManager had these features we went for it.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor are that have a tool or program that is mature and stable, with automation and reporting features.

We did the full initial set up and it was very straightforward, there was no specific issue.

The other two vendors on our short list were Nagios, which is a great tool, and SolarWinds. The way that SolarWinds does licensing is very confusing and we didn't like it.

What other advice do I have?

It would be a 10 out of 10 if they had artificial intelligence features such that, besides monitoring and sending alerts, it would solve the problems in specific nodes that are causing issues. It would be great if we had that.

Download a testing license and try it for 30 days. It's worthwhile to have the tool in your local environment. Also, try to find a local partner that can help you with the initial set up.