ManageEngine OpManager Review

Easily monitor many servers from a single console

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring our local network and servers. We have on on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

We wanted a solution to monitor our service, which is why we decided to go with OpManager. It helps us a lot for monitoring our servers in one console, instead of going to individual servers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the server monitoring tool.

What needs improvement?

The licensing for this solution is not straightforward and should be improved.

The dashboard is not that easy to manage for the layman. It requires some tricks, and if you don't know them then you cannot manage it.

If the storage is part of a device then I would like to be able to monitor it as a single device, rather than two separate devices.

We have been using this solution for about one year.

In terms of stability, there is no problem.

It is easy to scale, but scalability depends on the number of licenses you buy.

I have not dealt with technical support for this solution.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

I deployed this solution myself, which took perhaps half an hour.

The licensing costs depend on the number of devices and accounts that are being monitored by the solution. It is a little bit tricky. For example, if it is monitoring storage then it will count the number of devices that are there. If you exceed the number of devices then it will cost a lot.

I evaluated SolarWinds using the trial version, and I found this solution to be easier to deploy and easier to manage. It also requires less processing than SolarWinds.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.