ManageEngine OpManager Review

Good application monitoring, easy to set up and very good scalability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to monitor our servers.

What is most valuable?

The application monitoring is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is confusing.

For example, when we add a storage device on the OpManager, we don't know how it is calculating those which are added into the server. It's unclear how is it calculating the licensing model for the storage portion.

I've been using the solution for 1.5 years.

The solution is fairly stable. Only when you are opening another tab to see the live monitoring will you experience a bit of hanging. It will respond, so I am assuming the lag is because of the resources which are allocated for that particular server.

The solution is scalable. You just need the correct licensing. You can get a license for features such as Hyper-V, VMware, etc. We've been satisfied with the level of scalability we've achieved.

I have not found any difficulty in using the app, so I don't know how the technical quality is on their support. We haven't opened a ticket with technical support yet, but we're unsure of the process and if we have to open a ticket at the support level or not. They could make their services and processes more clear for getting assistance when customers need it.

Our company has tried a variety of solutions but not in any significant manner.

The initial setup is straightforward. Deployment takes about half an hour. I had to do a lot of research, but once I realized how everything worked, it was very quick. You only need one person to handle deployment.

I handled the implementation myself.

Before choosing the solution, I did look at other solutions. Some had complicated setups or licensing models. This solution is very easy because the pricing was not that high and the set up wasn't complicated. It was very good for our environment.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.