ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Offers extensive visibility, has a good database of assets, and integrates well with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

In our company, we use this solution on a daily basis as an administration application for reporting, where you can assign incident tickets or trade tickets and the relevant department uses it for follow up on problems or changes that have occurred.

I use it to create reports that show our teams where the issues are, what's going well, and what can be improved. My colleagues use it from a workflow perspective.

We have different organizations with a centralized help desk that will lock calls into groups of 20 or 30 people. We have a team that builds and customizes it and then we have all kinds of managers that pull out reports.

Finally, we have numerous end-users working on their own products. We also have external parties that provide services that use this application to work on incident problems and changes.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, when we had incidents, we couldn't discover where the bug was coming from. Now, if we have an incident, we attach it to an application, and when we look at the application, we know the specific development machine, and we know that it's on specific hardware, as well as where this hardware is located on a specific data center. We know everything about the network connection, so it's easier to find issues. We now have good visibility of our entire information system.

When we change something in production, somewhere, we now can easily understand the risks we are taking. We know if this application is dependent on another. The visibility, the risk, and whether we want to do the change during the day, or overnight, for example, becomes very clear.

What is most valuable?

The CMDB and the database of assets that we are using are the most valuable features. After that, we really enjoy the incident management and change management features.

The solution offers a lot of opportunities for integrations. We can integrate with Slack,
Azure, all the API alternatives, etc. There's a lot of integration modules provided.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite extensive, and I’ve only used the sections related to project management. I’m not sure if it was lacking any features. For me, it had everything I needed. I’ve never experienced any technical issues at all.

The only issue for us is the pricing, which is quite high in comparison with the competition.

The timing reporting module, and how it's used is a bit difficult to understand.

Everything related to project management is quite extensive and it needs to be simplified. At first, our users didn't want to use it, because it seemed a bit complex.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users
...who work at a Construction Company
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.