ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Easy to use, good integration, and great support

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for logging all the cases. We use it to track all the efforts, ensure that all requirements are met, tickets are recorded, and the work is being done by the respective teams.

What is most valuable?

Overall, its integration is good. There is a lot of integration that we have done. All alerts are coming to ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus.

Its VIP feature is also very useful where you can specify who are our VIPs. When the service desk engineer picks up the call and gets the name, he or she knows that the person is a VIP and treats him or her accordingly.

It also has a mobile interface. Anybody can use the app to log cases. It is easy for the end users as well as for the approving party. For the workflow, it is easier for senior managers to give approvals through the mobile interface.

What needs improvement?

It is sometimes a bit slow. If it can have a quicker response time, it would be good for users, service desk engineers, and technicians.

For service requests, they don't have an SLA for each priority. For a service request, the SLA of response or resolution is only one irrespective of the priority. SLA should be different for each priority.

For a ticket, there is no response SLA for the service request. For resolution SLA, that is, P1, P2, P3, or whatever you define, you still have the same SLA. It should be different.

I have been using ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for the last six to seven years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. We have added a lot of additional modules after getting it installed. It didn't take time to add these features. There was also no change in overall features. Therefore, it is scalable. We have added more licenses and users to it, and it is working as expected. I have 4,000 users and 250 technicians.

They are very good. The response that I get from the ManageEngine support is one of the things because of which I would like to go for all ManageEngine tools. Their response is good. If I compare with any other similar tool, I am pretty sure it would take two to three days to reach them, but with ManageEngine, I get a response within the same day, and sometimes, the resolution is also provided on the same day.

The initial setup was very straightforward. Our team didn't find it hard to install it. Its graphical user interface is so easy, and it is very easy to implement this device.

Its price is very lucrative. It would be great if the price can come down, but overall, its price is great. It is half or maybe one-third of the price of other market leaders.

What other advice do I have?

I would very much recommend this solution. Everybody can go for it. It is a very easy tool. It is easy for the technicians as well as for end users. It is the best solution.

I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus a nine out of ten because there is still room for improvement.

More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users