ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Friendly interface and easy to use, but needs better reporting and change management

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator, and we have been dealing with all versions of this product. We have seen its development from the beginning when it was a plain ticketing solution. We have tried all the flavors of ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, and we have on-premises and cloud deployments of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Referring to its on-premises deployment, it is easy to use and easy to deploy. Cloud deployment is done on its own. It is very easy to navigate, and the GUI is quite friendly.

In terms of product functionality, we really like the ESL version. We can host multiple instances of services on a single server, such as one help desk and multiple instances.

What needs improvement?

Its reporting can be improved. It can have better analytics reports. Even though they provide integration with another tool called Analytics Plus to get those reports, it would be quite helpful to have them on the fly and out of the box.

A lot of improvement is required in change management and release management. Their change management module is quite simple, and they need to do a lot of work on the change management module. The release management is out only on the cloud. It is not available in on-premises deployments.

In the next release, I would like it to have effective project management. They do provide the project management and contracts management modules, but these modules need a bit of improvement.

We have been dealing with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for seven years.

Starting with 9.4 builds, this product is relatively stable.

It is scalable. It is just the license. You just have to apply the license, and you are ready to go.

They need to be more reactive. They play around the bush to get some time to provide you a proper solution. They are majorly focused on the response time. They will respond immediately, but the response is very absurd. They are not focused on the resolution time, which is a gray area for managing support.

It is quite easy to set up this product. Deployment duration varies based upon the requirements. An average deployment duration varies from one month to six months, but if you add certain parameters to it and the customer needs to go through all the ideal compliance processes, it would take much more time. However, most of the time, we provide a kind of consultation for the customer about how to set up incident management and incident response and how to build up the service catalog. Usually, system integrators don't do that, in which case, it can take quite some time.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend customers to go with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. However, it depends upon the end-user requirement. If the requirement is for more graphic designing or customized dashboards, or they want to build a big customized login screen GUI, it might not be the solution. If the requirement is focused on ideal processes, like a ticketing solution, they can go with Service Desk Plus.

I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus a seven out of ten.

More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.