ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Offers a complete set of features and allows us to set up different service functions in the same platform

What is our primary use case?

I have only used its demo version for evaluation. We haven't yet implemented it. I have been playing with ServiceDesk Plus for incident management, service request management, and some change request workflows. There is also a CMDB, which seems to be quite good.

What is most valuable?

CMDB as a baseline, incident management, service request management, and license management are valuable features. It offers really interesting features for complete use in an enterprise. You have one platform, and you could set up different service functions for HR, engineering, or another team in the same platform.

What needs improvement?

Its reporting could be improved. The current list of predefined reports seems to be fine for most of the customers, but there should be some tools to allow us to create highly customized reports for measuring different KPIs. We should also be able to connect some kind of BI to it.

We haven't yet implemented it, and we are currently evaluating it. We are looking for advanced integration options where we could integrate it with our SCCM and Azure environments as well as with other Office solutions. For direct communication with customers, we are looking for a chatbot or a similar feature.

We haven't checked its stability under a heavy load.

Currently, around ten users are evaluating it. It should meet the needs of around 2,500 users. From my point of view, it seems suitable for our needs.

We had lots of discussions via email and the internal support chat, and everything was fine.

We are currently using OTRS. We are looking for something similar to ServiceNow but much cheaper. I have almost 15 years of experience working with ServiceNow, which is a great solution, but it is too expensive for companies with less than 5,000 employees. I have also worked with HP Service Desk almost 20 years ago.

Being a cloud solution, it is straightforward. There are no issues. In terms of deployment, it is similar to other cloud solutions. The workload begins when you try to customize a CMDB, but this is not because of the solution. It is because of internal processes.

For 90 service agents and our need for a cloud solution with incident management and service request management, it annually costs around 12,000. If you need additional development or deployment support from the vendor, there might be an additional cost.

We are currently evaluating this solution. ServiceDesk Plus is one of the candidates. We are also evaluating Jira Service Desk and BMC. It seems that all these three vendors will be able to fulfill our requirements, and we will choose ServiceDesk Plus.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus an eight out of ten.

Other
More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.