ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Has catalog features and is easy to install

What is most valuable?

I like the catalog features and workflow. I also like the knowledge space.

What needs improvement?

The workflow needs to be improved, along with form design.

It needs more customization and the ability to generate reports based on custom feeds. At present, if you create a custom feed in any form, you cannot create a report based on those criteria.

The scalability could be increased as well.

I've been working with ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus for almost three years.

There are some glitches with regard to attachments. Sometimes, it crashes when we attach certain files. Otherwise, it's stable.

I think it could be more scalable.

Technical support has been very good.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complex.

We use the cloud model, which is subscription-based, and each year, the subscription fees seem to go up, making it a more expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would ask those who are considering ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus to test it to see if it will suit their environment because there are some limitations with regard to custom forms. You can link custom forms, but you cannot build whatever you want because of this issue.

Also, the workflow can take two or three steps at maximum. It's not like an approval workflow with four or five steps.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus at eight.

More ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.