ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Automates, integrates, monitors, and measures performance of IT assets and resources.

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature is seamless integration with other modules such as asset management, GRC, File/Active Directory Audit, and Event Log Analyzer (SIEM).

ServiceDesk Plus is a game changer in turning IT teams from performing daily fire-fighting tasks to delivering awesome customer service. It provides great visibility.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped in centralizing, consolidating, optimizing, and improving governance and compliance requirements.

What needs improvement?

Some of the features which are currently available in the cloud version can be made available with the on-premise editions. There is also integration with chat and VOIP functionality.

We have been using this solution since 2014.

We did the deployment by ourselves. Very good documentation is available.

The application is stable and there have been no issues. We are working with a single instance. If required, we can plan and implement a dual instance with high availability options.

There have been no scalability issues.

I would give customer service a rating of 7/10.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

We used open source software previously. We moved to this solution because it helped automate, integrate, monitor, and measure performance of all IT assets and resources. We have moved from being reactive to proactive.

Installation is easy, but it requires a good system administrator to configure and enable all the features and functionalities. Online support also helped us fix the issues.

We used an in-house team for the implementation.

The ROI can be tangible/non-tangible. It will differ based on the organizations involved and their various business requirements.

Do a cost-benefit analysis of the on-premise, perpetual license and subscription and finalize it.

We evaluated HappyFox.

What other advice do I have?

Go through the features and functionalities offered in this product. Prepare a roadmap for the implementation. "BIG BANG" will not work. You will have to roll-out the solution in phases.