ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus Review

Using this solution, we have had a positive experience to integrate ICT project management to our IT business reality.

What is most valuable?

It has resulted in a positive experience to integrate ICT project management to our IT business reality so we value the following features:

• ITIL integration
  • main ITIL processes on real application
  • easy to use and customize
  • initial deployment and additional customization with reliable logical application
  • consistently sufficient on results and data management
  • possible to adapt to our business reality
  • purchase order control
  • parametrization and business rules allow personalized customization of this module for great control
  • integration to third party applications for monitoring and reporting
  • no bugs or blocks in SQL integration
  • fundamental for our environment
  • versatile, powerful, and simple administration
  • project management integration

How has it helped my organization?

We had outsourced most of our IT services and to have this application as support together with the benefits of full control for implementing service delivery, gave us the confidence to implement a CSI from the very beginning.

What needs improvement?

Request management is not clearly separated form incident management and the conditions to customize this are tricky and unique for our organization.

We have been using the solution for four years.

We have had only one small stability issue which was corrected with an update.

Growing with the tool from zero cases to reach almost 1000 cases in a relatively short time, having no issues, reflects our good experience with this product.

I would rate the technical support at 8/10. Some questions were dealt with centrally and it has not been necessary to contact the local support for additional services, apart from common queries and questions.

We used Cherwell and CA Service Desk previously, through an outsourcing company.

Implementation was a bit heavy in terms of customization, but based on a well-structured ITIL process, it was a manageable import. Integration to SCCM and AD made the integration to our IT environment easier.

It is cost effective and well balanced in terms of benefit.

We evaluated Cherwell, CA Help Desk and Atlassian Service Desk.

What other advice do I have?

Give them the chance to implement a demo and put in a short practice and you will see how easy and effective the solution is.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Jeevan ChaukarConsultantTOP 5LEADERBOARD

Useful review. FEW queries -
a) When you talk about growing to 1000 cases, do you mean 1000 incidents/requests per day?
b) Are you using the CMDB and how are you populating it if yes? What discovery mechanism is being used?

Regards,