MariaDB Review

Easy to use with a simple initial setup and a fast implementation

What is our primary use case?

Our clients have a variety of use cases. I'm not familiar with just one.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to implement.

The product makes it very easy to use as a primary database or a standby database.

The switches are easy to use.

The initial setup is pretty fast.

What needs improvement?

The solution offers very good automatic features.

The GUI could be improved a bit. The user interface needs to be improved.

I haven't tested the latest version of the solution. There may have been updated and changes that I am not aware of.

The stability of the solution could be improved, as we've had issues.

It would be ideal if the solution could offer an active-active cluster.

We have been dealing with the solution for about one year. It hasn't been too long.

The stability of the solution isn't perfect. I personally have had some issues. It's something that they need to work on.

I've never really dealt with the scalability aspect of the solution. I'm not sure how it would handle the process. I've only tried the DR side, in order to have primary and standby.

I don't have any experience with technical support. I can't speak to how knowledgeable or responsive they are at this time.

The initial setup doesn't take too long. It's standalone, so it will maybe take one hour to install the machine. It's fairly straightforward, and not too complex. A company shouldn't have any issues with the setup.

You only really need two people for deployment and maintenance. YOu don't need a very big team to manage everything.

We are using the community version of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We implement the solution. We typically deal with on-premises deployments. We use the latest version of the solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd recommend the solution. We've largely been happy with it so far.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More MariaDB reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Oracle Database
Learn what your peers think about MariaDB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.