MariaDB Review

A scalable open-source solution with the ability to deploy or store data that is accessed via the we

What is most valuable?

The ability to deploy or store data that is accessed via the web is one of the solution's most valuable features.

The solution is also free to use.

What needs improvement?

The interface should be more user-friendly. It should be able to connect directly to the database and Interact with it without having to use commands. It needs better integration.

In future releases, it would be helpful if they could create an administration portal for the database to help manage it.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable. It was originally built under MySQL. It has a similar level of stability.

The solution is very scalable. We have about 230 employees using it on the intranet currently, and about 5,000 students on our eLearning system.

It's an open-source technology, so there is no technical support. If you have issues, you can look to the online community for help or guidance.

We previously used MySQL. We switched because MySQL is no longer open-source. It's now owned by Oracle.

The initial setup was easy.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.