MariaDB Review

Easy and fast to set up, and the replication feature is helpful

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of MariaDB is the replication mode.

What needs improvement?

MariaDB has to improve from a management perspective. There is not much available for querying internal views to provide information for the operations team. Most other databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or even PostgreSQL, have a big set of internal views that you can query to understand what is going on, if anything is wrong, or how to improve.

I have been using MariaDB for perhaps two years.

This is a very stable solution.

MariaDB is very scalable.

I have had the opportunity to speak with technical support and I am satisfied with the outcome.

The process of setting up MariaDB is very fast.

The price of this solution represents a very good compromise between the cost and what it offers.

What other advice do I have?

There are many valuable features in MariaDB.

MariaDB is a very good database when everything works fine, and I would recommend it. However, I work in operations and if something goes wrong there is no way to start an analysis because MariaDB doesn't provide many tools that help to understand the problem. In order to make this an enterprise tool, or an enterprise-level database, it needs to improve from this perspective. Otherwise, it will only be good for very small deployments.

More MariaDB reviews from users