Matillion ETL Review

One of the valuable features is a way to present the ETL process to non-technical observers.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and a great way to present the ETL process to non-technical observers.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled building a data warehouse within three months from the ground up to support WMS reporting.

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have the ability to move windows around to dock in different locations/external windows.

This would involve an ability to physically pin, or move the windows within Matillion (for Redshift).

I know that they can be resized to some extent – but it would be great to collapse the windows, or move them -- similar to moving a tab from a browser so that it's separate from the main GUI.

We have been using this solution for six months.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Matillion's support is great. They are fast to respond, always helpful, and they have great documentation. This includes articles, training videos, and regular software update building on customer feature requests. I would give the support a rating of 10/10.

I am not aware of any previous solution.

The setup was straightforward. The user interface is very intuitive and purchasing from the marketplace was simple.

If you are unsure, just send Matillion a quick email, and they’ll get back in touch to help.

We did not evaluate any other options.

What other advice do I have?

Just go ahead and take advantage of the initial free period for evaluation. The on-demand price is also very competitive.

1 visitor found this review helpful