McAfee Advanced Threat Defense Review

Protects the endpoints of our organization but it is not cloud ready

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is endpoint security.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped us to deal with malware. It does endpoint security very well and can explode malware into protected spaces so that it doesn't actually hurt the endpoint of the organization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us, today, is that it works very well.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs to be made "cloud ready". As the industry is pushing everybody towards the cloud, there are these fat clients, like McAfee, that are not lightweight and cannot handle the cloud infrastructure yet.

More than three years.

The stability of this solution is very good.

With respect to scalability, it works until you start talking about cloud environments.

I would rate technical support very well.

I did use a different solution prior to this one, and I switched because of the dynamics in the industry. They had not caught up.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We handled the deployment of this solution internally.

I see ROI. It stops in excess of twenty-five malware events per month, all of which could be critical to the business.

Our licensing fees for this solution are approximately one million dollars per year.

What other advice do I have?

This product does the job, but it is not flexible enough to do new environments yet. They're behind the eight ball.

If another company is considering this solution then I would recommend it if they're not going cloud. If they are, look somewhere else.

I would rate this solution seven out of ten.